Everyone is kneaded of the same dough but not baked in the same oven - A Proverb
"The oven makes the difference between potential and the genius. GEAR's endeavor is to evolve cutting edge programs and tools, intensely researched models and efficient training and development modules in the field of school and University education.."
Our Vision is to ...
- identify and develop gifts and talents of every student by providing positive challenges, nurturing environment and visionary mentors.
- create a life-long learning community of children, parents, researchers, thinkers, planners, artists, investors, scientists, sportsmen, politicians, social entrepreneurs, administrators... who will respond to the future, enjoy the present and preserve the past.
- create an educational infrastructure and program to empower the teaching community to discover their talents and the genius in every child.
Our Mission is to ...
- establish a GEAR ED VILLAGE that consists of a Residential School, a Talent Development Centre, and a Talents Research Institute.
- develop an Empowering Curriculum & Education Model for K to 12 children
- make Gifts & Talents Education available to every child in the School.
- establish a Sports and Games Academy
Basic idea of GEAR
- Dissolving the rigid boundaries of schools to promote interaction and collaboration between real-life practitioners and children, community and school.
- Education should be inspiring for the taught as well as the teacher.
- Diversity of Intelligences (MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES) is the basis of dynamism and growth.
- Education should deal with pivotal intellectual tasks.
- Education should help children develop very clear and strong values, mostly by interaction.
- Education should encourage exploration of the structure and interconnectivity of knowledge.
- Learning must be guided by generalised principles in order to be widely applicable.
- Teacher's role is that of a navigator who will provide children with learning maps to chart out their learning paths.
- Education should equip children with the ability to 'problem find' and to organise solutions to problems.
- Team-building, leadership training and interpersonal skills should be developed as part of schooling.